1 a plan or design of something that is laid out
2 the act of laying out (as by making plans for something)
- A structured arrangements of items within certain limits.
- The act of laying out something.
- In the context of "publishing": The process of arranging editorial content, advertising, graphics and other information to fit within certain constraints.
- A map or a drawing of a construction site showing the position of roads, buildings or other constructions.
a map or a drawing of a construction site
Layout may refer to:
- In gymnastics, a layout is a position in which the gymnast's body is completely stretched, toes pointed and legs straight. A layout in tumbling, vault or balance beam is a salto performed in this position. In some countries, layout saltos are referred to as 'straights.' (ie, "he performed a double straight")
- In ultimate (sport), a layout is an attempt to catch the disc involving a jump that results in a horizontal landing
layout in Korean: 레이아웃
layout in Italian: Layout
layout in Polish: Layout
Intertype, Linotype, Monotype, Platonic form, Platonic idea, aesthetic form, approach, archetype, arrangement, array, art form, attack, blueprint, blueprinting, build, calculation, cast, charting, cold-type typesetting, composing, composing stick, composition, computerized typesetting, conception, concord, configuration, conformation, contrivance, cut, deployment, design, device, disposal, disposition, dummy, enterprise, envisagement, fashion, figuration, figure, figuring, foresight, forethought, form, format, formation, frame, furniture, galley chase, game, genre, graphing, ground plan, guidelines, harmony, hot-metal typesetting, idea, imposition, impression, inner form, intention, justification, line of type, lineup, long-range plan, make, makeup, mapping, marshaling, master plan, matrix, method, methodology, modality, mode, model, mold, operations research, order, organization, pattern, peace, photocomposition, photosetting, phototypesetter, phototypesetting machine, plan, planning, planning function, prearrangement, procedure, program, program of action, proportion, prototype, quiet, quietude, quoin, rationalization, regularity, routine, schedule, schema, schematism, schematization, scheme, scheme of arrangement, set, setting, setup, shape, significant form, slug, stamp, strategic plan, strategy, structure, style, symmetry, system, systematization, tactical plan, tactics, the big picture, the picture, tranquillity, turn, type, typesetting, typesetting machine, uniformity, way, working plan